Monday, June 2, 2014

UPDATED 7/26/15: Transformation Story


My Transformation Story
Reaching For Fit....
I came to know about the Beach Body programs after I had my 2nd child. She was almost a year old and I met up with an old fitness friend Karri Charpentier Legault! My now amazing coach. I was almost 225lbs I knew I needed to do something so, I started out with a 10 day Shakeology Challenge and fell in love with it, who wouldn’t with the energy it gives you while trying to run around after 2 little kids. So I continued with it and signed up as a coach while trying to do Insanity. Well needless to say after several attempts I couldn’t get through the program, I couldn’t get my mind in the right place to be successful in getting myself healthy.

Then T25 came out in June 2013 and I thought this is the answer I will do this its only 25 mins a day. I stuck with it for a couple weeks, lost some weight and then again my mind wasn’t where it was supposed to be I couldn’t get the eating thing under control and I couldn’t get motivated enough to workout every day I was supposed to and the weight I lost came right back on plus some. Then there was a sale on Turbo Fire and I bought that…. Same thing happened even though I loved Chalene’s energy and way the program worked…I lost motivation after a couple weeks, it was the cycle I kept going through. I learned a lot about myself in that year though I learned that I had more than just I wanted to lose weight and be healthy issues I learned that I was holding a lot of resentment and a lot of anger inside me that I believe was  holding me back. I used to be a working women who ended up staying saying home with my kids. At times I was super jealous of my husband who went to work everyday. I felt like he didn’t support me or my goals, and I didn’t feel like I “wanted” to support him. Well, through lots of prayer, God was telling me to talk to my husband. We did just that. We opened up and just spoke to each other. He was supporting me more than I thought and he was jealous of me as well being able to stay home with the kids everyday. Just by clearing the air and speaking I felt like that was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and an excuse thrown out the window! I was always an emotional eater and I was using all those things to keep me away from my goals.

Then February 17th, 2014 I got a call from my doctor telling me I had my yearly physical in 2 days and I needed to confirm the appointment. Well I couldn’t….there was no way I could go back into that doctors office and weigh the same as last year. There you have it…My kick in the BUTT. I rescheduled my appointment to April 1st and I was determined to be below 200lbs. That was 18lbs I needed to lose in just 6 weeks. I knew I could do it. I had to clean up my diet, faithfully drink my Shakeology and stick to the workout program. I got Turbo Fire and went to town! By April 1st I lost 20lbs and was down 18” I was so excited. My doctor was excited too and said I can’t wait to see how much you do the next time I see you, next month in May. Man another push for me to see how well I could do. BOOM down another 10” total of 28” in just 11 weeks and down 34lbs. I lost almost 15lbs since the last time I saw her. My blood work was amazing and I had just 3 weeks left of my Turbo Fire Journey. I am so excited that I found my Sole Workout Program and Trainer, Chalene! She is truly amazing and motivating throughout the program; you just can’t slow down!



 
 

Without the AMAZING support of my coach Karri and our awesome team, Fit and Fierce, and all of our awesome Challenge Groups, I never could have done this! Every day I have sent my food journal to Karri and every day she commented back on it. She didn’t have to look at each day but she did. She held me accountable for what I ate and that is awesome. I couldn’t lie about 4 goldfish here or a handful of Pirates Booty there and then the handful a cheese-its either. I knew she would be checking. So everything went down! Everyday I would take pictures or videos of me doing my workouts and share them with my friend/family and most of all the Challenge Groups. I used them as accountability! I did the videos for accountability plus form checking to make sure I was doing things right and finally MOTIVATION…I didn’t have people next to me pushing me or people to challenge me. I had myself and I found that when I watched myself in the videos (while doing the workout) I was competing against myself and that was the MOST IMPORTANT thing to me…I was only trying to be a better me and that I was my own Competition! 

I have finished Turbo Fire and now I can't wait to get MY SHIRT!!!! I love it, I am going to continue on with Turbo Fire until PIYO comes out at the end of JUNE!!!!!

I have to be honest I am crying writing this blog because it has been such a crazy ride but I am so glad I am on it! I have such an awesome support system in these last 2 years but especially the last 15 weeks aside from our groups like I said above, my parents, sister, husband, in-laws and of course my little cheerleaders and MY WHY's (Vitto and Ava), I couldn't have done this without EVERYONE being by my side!

As I was talking to my coach this morning I just wanted to bawl. I am excited to see where the next step is going to take me and I can't wait to have all of you with it!

Started - 223lbs 2 years Ago
Focus and ready to conquer the world- 218.8 lbs as Feb 17th, 2014
Currently – 176.7 lbs as of June 2, 2014
Ending -TBD

Total Numbers- lost 34.75" and lost 42.1 lbs in 15 WEEKS!!!!!!
2 years in the making pictures 47.1lbs lost


Monthly Pictures
 
 February
 March

April

 May
 

 June

Side by Side pictures
 2 years in the making June '12- June '14

 February 17, 2014 - June 2, 2014

 Measurements From Feb - June 2014


Is this my final story? Nope, TO BE CONTINUED........



If you would like to continue to follow my journal head over to my Facebook page and "like" it www.facebook.com/CarrieReachforfit


UPDATED PART OF MY STORY:

Let’s fast forward to almost a year later….LIFE happened and I did what I tell all my challengers NOT TO DO…I let life get in the way, I let the excuses get in the way. We lost our dog to cancer in September and then in November was husband lost his job! ARE YOU KIDDING ME , now my routine is completely changed…he is home now when I want to work out, he is home when I want to do my housework AAAHHHHHH LIFE JUST GOT FLIPPED OUT OF CONTROL IN MY MIND……

So of course the emotional eating past I had doesn’t just go away it is still a part of me but for some reason I was unable to control it like I had during my BIG transformation. I started spiraling out of control again with emotional eating and then getting upset and angry with myself. THESE two things do not make a good combination! Everyday day I plugged into my challenge groups and every day I tried to find some positive even on the days that I didn’t want to. I started to get angry again, and grumpy and I knew something needed to change again!

Fast forward now to July of 2015 (yes just a week ago) THE LIGHT WENT OFF….I realized by seeing all these amazing people and hearing all of their amazing stories that I am MORE than an emotional eater, I AM stronger than that…I AM stronger than my excuses. I will not hurt myself anymore with negative self-talk and I will not make myself feel so LITTLE…..

SO here I am plugging away, back to focusing on clean eating and following a fantastic hybrid calendar I found of my two favorite programs PIYO and Turbo Fire. I am Real and I want people to know that I AM real…I have flaws but I am not giving up! I am not giving in I am going to succeed and be consistent with my journey! I am plugging into PD that is helping me with the emotional part of eating and focusing on the triggers that cause these things and taking steps to avoid this from the out of control Spiral that occurs!

Life is a journey of windy wiggle roads…if it was a straight line NO ONE would ever learn how to succeed in the hard times, no one would dream and Dream BIG….
I always say too….This is the book of life…we have so many chapters in our life so let’s work on each chapter one at a time. Don’t look back unless it’s to see how far you come. If you dwell on the past it’s only going to hold you back!
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing!!! I needed to read this today. I am currently starting week 3 of Turbo Fire.with Shakeology and I am struggling not so much with the workout but the numbers. I eat well but the for the first week I gained .6 lbs and at the end of last week I was still up the .6lb. I was losing really well before I started the program 23lbs so I don't know what is going on. So I have been searching Instagram and the internet just to stay encouraged. My coach said that it isn't unnormal to gain a bit when you first start out and everyone in the group says Week 3 is suppose to be the breakthrough week so I am hoping that is true. I also hope I am eating enough. Can you share it you started our slow too and if you found you had to up your calories to lose. Thanks for sharing...you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not have to up my calories and I started out once I was and ready to do this right I was pretty consistent with 1-3lbs a week losses! Are you food journaling? Please head over to my facebook page for extra support https://www.facebook.com/CarrieReachForFit
    I would love to help give you encouragement throughout your journey!
    I made the commitment to drink my shakes everyday and eat a pretty clean diet!

    ReplyDelete