Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hot Veggie Wrap

Like I said in my intro I'll be sharing with you my favorite foods. Foods that I have come upon in other blogs i feel i need to share or that I created.
Well...today is one of those days. I like to be creative with food especially when I'm trying to be good and eat healthy! I need to grocery shopping so i had to figure out what to eat for lunch. I decided I would throw together a quick veggie wrap!  Was it good but it had a twist.....

I sauteed up some fresh broccoli, cauliflower, super chopped carrots, red onion and red peppers with frozen spinach. I added a little bit of EVOO minced garlic, salt and pepper....let that cook till everything was just tender See the picture below:


Then i was looking in my fridge I was going to put hummus on the wrap but then i remembered when i cooked up Apples in my crock pot for Ava I over cooked them and had some very mushy apples....So here's the twist ...I spread the mushy applesauce like apples on the whole wheat wrap. In the picture you'll see lettuce. I chose not to put it on last minute and I'm sure glad I did!

 
After everything was cooked I let it cool for just a minute added it all to the wrap and wrapped it up! I ate the left over veggies on the side (it can't hurt right?!).  Wow was that an amazing lunch I will most likely eat that tomorrow too :-) 
                                                                                                                                           
 
         
 
See what you can find if you just get creative! This is one of my favorite things to do sometimes things turn out great other times I'm not so lucky and it goes right in the trash! I'm glad this one didn't see the trash can :-)
 
Enjoy everyone share your favorites too!
 
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment