Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chicken Taco Chili



It is that time of year again...fall is here and it's starting to get cooler which means it's time to get your crockpots out and start cooking!  One meal i make is usually a big hit! I just made this for my daughters 1st birthday party and well...there was not a bean left!  People asked for the recipe so here it is...

CHICKEN TACO CHILI!
 
1 Can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 Can Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 Can Corn (Drained)
1 Large canTomato Sauce (14.8oz)
1 LARGE Can Diced Tomatoes (14.80z)
2 TBSP diced garlic
1 packet Old El Paso Mild Taco Seasoning
1 Large Onion
1 Large Red pepper
4-5 pieces THIN Chicken breasts
1/2 cup water

Add all ingredients other than chicken and mix together....place chicken on top and let cook on Low for 8 hrs or high for 4 hrs.  30 minutes before done take chicken out and shred. Put the chicken back and let it all cook together.

I do not put anything on it but I do know people who like to add some shredded to cheese to it or even sour cream!!!  I have also added this atop a nice garden salad.  Yummy!


 
**If you make this let me know how you like it**

I orginally got this from www.skinnytaste.com but i doctored it up a bit and made it my own.

Enjoy and until next time...Good night:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment