Sunday, September 9, 2012

When the going gets tough...give 'em a hug

Today was one of those days that I had to take a step back and just take a deep breathe. I've been told many times it's okay to take a mommy timeout. I feel like I have needed those ALOT lately.

We have been going through some terrible 'terrible two's' lately. To the point where I am just mentally exhausted by the end of the day.  I end up feeling like a failed mom because all I've done is yell or put him in timeout or even just act like a two year old back, haha.
Something clicked tonight when I actually stopped and listened to him.  He was throwing a tantrum and all he kept saying was I need a hug, mama I need a hug.  This melted my heart because even though I was mad at him for something he was doing (probably not listening or doing what I asked) he just wanted a hug and for Vitto a hug usually fixes everything and he wants the attention I'm not giving him at the time.

Tonight before bed after tub time....I just sat with him on the floor with him in my arms and hugged him and told him how much I loved him. Even when we have rough days I love you so much. He said "to the moon and back and back and around and around" I said "YES... to the moon and back and back and around and around!" and he kissed me and went running off....

Ahhhh the special moments to make everything okay! What a feeling :-)

I know I am not the only mommy going through this and any suggestions would be great. Do your kids calm down with just a little hug?


So that's going to be the first step... call down, take a deep breathe and calm him down with a  little hug and a little attention. Second step...stop being lazy and get my housework done at night (they go to bed so early I have the time) so I can give the attention to my kids they need right now and FINALLY play with the kids and just HAVE FUN!  Those are the best days when we just stay busy and have fun!  Tomorrow's agenda = Go for a walk, dance party, dinosaur play, swing, play with toys and LAUGH!!!!

Sounds like the perfect day to me :-)


Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment