Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Simplicity of a Stir-fry

One of my favorite meals is a stir fry.  It is amazing what you can put in a stir fry and it always tastes so yummy.  They are quick, easy and simple to clean you only need one pan and the dishes to serve it on.  I have done many stir fries since I've been cooking for myself and the one I've done lately that I'll share with you tonight is by far my favorite and super healthy! NO SAUCES :-)

Today while Ava was sleeping and Vitto was eating lunch I started chopping, chopping all my veggies and my chicken and put them in a big Zip lock bag with a little EVOO, cracked pepper, sea salt and a little bit of celery salt (just a pinch). I let it sit in there till 6pm tonight when i was ready to cook it.  Every time i had to get someone a snack or milk I squished the bag around to mix it up.



Ingredients:
-1 Red Pepper
-1 Sweet Onion
-1/2 Large Zucchini
-1/2 Large Summer Squash
-Button Mushrooms
-Frozen Broccoli (1 Cup)
-Frozen Pineapple (1/2 cup)
-6 Baby Carrots (chopped finely, or grated)
-2 tbsp minced Garlic
-2 THIN Chicken Breasts cubed
-Sea Salt
-Cracked Pepper
-Celery Salt (just a pinch)
-Brown Rice OR SWEET POTATO (To be Cleaner)


Once I was ready to cook all I did was throw it all in my fry pan with a little EVOO, covered it and let it cook until the chicken was cooked and the veggies were cooked to my desire (i like a little crunch to the veggies).

 
 
I cooked up some brown rice to and poured my serving of the veggies and chicken over the rice and there you have it! My amazing and yummy dinner, chicken stir fry.
 
 
 
 Oh and the best part....I have left overs because I'm the only one in my family to eat it so I guess I'll wrap that up tomorrow night...Literally I'm thinking how amazing this would taste warmed up and wrapped in a Whole Wheat Tortilla Wrap!

Until Next Time...I hope you enjoy:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment